March 22nd, 2007
I’ve been working on it for the last three months, and finally Assignment Planner version 3.0 is now available. There is a huge list of features and changes with this version, so definitely check it out. There has been a change in the pricing scheme, with new registrations now costing $8 and upgrades from 2.x discounted at half the price.Â I will be posting some more helpful information over the next little while specific to some of these features, such as the iSight Integration in assignment Snapshots and the new floating calendar picker.Â You can download the new version from the Assignment Planner page.
- New Features
- Projects and subprojects can now be managed in the program.
- An entirely new Help Book has been added, with many articles regarding the program.
- Added the Weekly Calendar format.
- Added a Mini Calendar to the sidebar, to help when choosing a date for an assignment.
- Any assignment can now be given a priority between 1 and 5.
- Any assignment can also be given a Contact and a File or Folder to associate with it.
- Any assignment can also be given a Snapshot, taken with an iSight or other camera supported by Quicktime.
- URLs in any of the notes fields are now automatically detected and clickable.
- Notes can now be added to any Course or Textbook.
- Assignments can now easily be duplicated.
- A color can now be specified for any assignment due in two days.
- Added a preferences to choose wether double clicking adds a new assignment or not.
- The weekends can be hidden on the Calendar via the preferences.
- Added tooltips to all of the toolbar items in the program.
- Moved the registration information into it’s own pane in the Preferences window.
- Added the blue gradient background to the filter bar.
- Updated the GPA Calculator to be more dynamic and allow for unlimited values.
- Added the new Personal Info and Main Window icons.
- Also added new Assignment, Recurring Assignment, Course and Textbook icons.
- Added a placeholder string to the assignment notes field.
- Changed classes to used sharedControllers.
- Changed the registration URLs slightly.
- Resized the Courses and Textbooks window and repositioned the Universal Types.
- Calendar days from other months can’t be selected unless a specific assignment is being selected.
- Changed “Add Multiple Assignments” to “Add Recurring Assignments” and “Drawer” to “Sidebar”.
- Changed the date stepper in the sidebar to two buttons.
- Installing the Dashboard Widget will not first put it on your Desktop.
- Okay, Assignments can REALLY now be dragged and dropped between days in the calendar.
- The contextual menus for the Assignment Table will now show correctly.
- When entering registration information, spaces on either end of the values will automatically be removed.
- Fixed an issue with the Personal Information being cut off.
- When switching to another application, any unsaved data about an assignment will now be saved.
- Fixed an error where an exception was caused when trying to edit an assignment.
- The final column in the table views will now resize to fit the whole width on the table.
- Fixed an issue where the program would crash when editing a course.
- When editing a type, hitting Enter will not move to the next type.
- Fixed a problem when entering the date when adding recurring assignments.
- Widget (version 1.3)
- Added the ability to view all assignments in the widget.
- Updated the logo, along with the rest of the program.
- Fixed a problem where the assignments would not be sorted in the widget.
- Fixed another error where the widget would just show undefined.
March 22nd, 2007 at 9:35 pm
Awesome! I look forward to checking it out. :)
March 22nd, 2007 at 11:09 pm
Awesome upgrade! I just upgraded my license. Expect a review soon. :-)
March 23rd, 2007 at 5:24 am
Awesome Ronald! Your great review last time got a lot of exposure, specifically on TUAW, and I really appreciate it. I’m excited to hear what you have to say.