February 7th, 2008
Mail Unread Menu was just updated to version 2.6. The biggest fix involves a memory leak that would cause the application to crash on some computers, and, since Mail Unread Menu is an LSUIElement application (no dock icon, no menu bar), it was a silent crash. There are a handful of other small changes, so be sure to update right away. You can download it in the usual spot.
- New Features
- Added “Check for New Mail” menu item.
- Different icons can be shown for when there is new mail and when there is not.
- Changed the layout of the preferences window.
- When bringing Mail to front, minimized windows will now open up.
- Now immediately check for update when Mail launches or quits.
- Fixed a major memory leak which would cause the application to crash on some computers.
- Fixed an issue when using regular expressions with asterisks at the beginning.